Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Pumpkin pie for breakfast

Thanksgiving is a day like all the rest... Usually the meal being served at the Berkeley Emergency Food Project has turkey, mashed potatoes etc..... But pumpkin pie was hard to come by when I was living on the street.

My favorite part of Thanksgiving in the Before Times was Friday morning breakfast of pumpkin pie. Leftover pumpkin pie was planned for and never went to waste.

So there I was, People's Park the Friday after Thanksgiving, grieving the lack of pie. I walked down on the avenue to get a cup of coffee and P was just waking up from her place in front of Cody's books. I told her of my craving and what does she pull out from her stuff, but almost 3/4 of a pumpkin pie that someone had given her the night before.

I went and got coffee for both of us and we had pie for breakfast after all.

Life was good that day.

No comments: